Tuesday 26 July 2011

Another Day, Another Man

I got myself into a situation recently that was entirely naive of me.

I'd started talking to a mutual friend and after skyping each other for a bit he kept trying to get me to go on webcam.

Hell no! Even if I had one, right now I look like I've been on the waltzers too long, hair array, no make up, hell.

Somehow, somehow next thing I know I'm getting a small parcel in my post and trying to understand why it's such a long damn process to set up a webcam.


I spend twenty minutes getting the precise angle of hair and face and still make it black and white.

We start talking. I give it ten minutes before I decide that I look like a statue because I'm too scared to move into a wrong angle and turn it off.



I'm sure plenty of people use webcams/Skype to have their conversations, far-away couples, etc....

But

Really not for me though! My gosh, could you even imagine getting naked on one of those things? Please, it's mortifying seeing how you look while trying to move around just to get undressed, let alone actually getting off in front of someone, while seeing yourself, staring back at you....

When in person, I do enjoy some good mirror action but at least you know then that it doesn't matter what the hell you look like or what face you pull because all that matters to the person you're with is that there's a naked person in front of them waiting to be shagged. (Shagged; very English word, very 90's Hugh Grant of me.)


Moral of the story; if you want to use a webcam then get someone else to buy it for you so that when it's quickly discarded at the back of a cupboard you won't feel bad about wasting money. V. Sensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dreamhost coupon