Friday 13 May 2011

Sentimental Mumbo-Jumbo (There Might Be A Point In There Somewhere)

Although it would be more than fitting if I were to drive a beautifully sleek convertible car, I'm afraid to say that actually, my way of getting to work... is cycling.

Now, I'd love to make out that this is down to being a super, mega, ethical, eco-babe.


It's not.


So this week, so far, I've cycled 74 miles. This sounds a lot but actually it's clearly not enough to shift my few extra pounds I have floating around my hips.

Anyway, this wasn't a post to complain about my personal body image. It was actually to rejoice on my motivational will-power to cycle that far everyday.

I'm not going to lie, it's not the most dignified of activities...slogging up a hill... holding on for dear life when going down a hill....

But it is feel-good. And the wind in my face (when it's not blowing bits of tree or flies into my mouth) feels amazing, freeing, just like I'm flying.

It's just something that really is....wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dreamhost coupon